The longlists for the 2018 Kibble and Dobbie Literary Awards have been announced.
The Kibble and Dobbie Literary Awards are open to Australian female writers who have published a book of fiction or non-fiction classifiable as ‘life writing’. The awards moved to a biennial format in 2016, making the 2018 awards open to any work published in the last two years.
The eight longlisted titles for the $30,000 Nita B Kibble Literary Award for an established author are:
- Mirror Sydney by Vanessa Berry
- The Enigmatic Mr Deakin by Judith Brett
- The Hate Race by Maxine Beneba Clarke
- Everywhere I Look by Helen Garner
- The Life to Come by Michelle de Kretser
- The Choke by Sofie Laguna
- The High Places by Fiona McFarlane
- The Media and the Massacre by Sonya Voumard
The eight longlisted titles for the $5000 Dobbie Literary Award for a first-time published author are:
- Australia Day by Melanie Cheng
- Troppo by Madelaine Dickie
- Our Magic Hour by Jennifer Down
- Things That Helped by Jessica Friedmann
- The Permanent Resident by Roanna Gonsalves
- Driftwood by Eva De Jong-Duldig
- The Trauma Cleaner by Sarah Krasnostein
- The Healing Party by Micheline Lee
The shortlists will be announced in June. For more information about the Kibble and Dobbie Literary Awards, click here.