We’re so excited to be able to share the 2018 Inky Awards longlist with you!
The longlist of 10 Australian and 10 international YA titles was selected by a panel of past Inky Awards judges, the Dog’s Advisory Board and Inside a Dog alumni, all young readers aged between 12 and 20 years.
The 2018 Inky Awards Longlists are:
Gold Inky Award - Australian titles
- Begin, End, Begin: A #LoveOzYA Anthology edited by Danielle Binks
- In the Dark Spaces by Cally Black
- Take Three Girls by Cath Crowley, Simmone Howell & Fiona Wood
- Beautiful Mess by Claire Christian
- Ida by Alison Evans
- Wreck by Fleur Ferris
- A Shadow’s Breath by Nicole Hayes
- Remind Me How This Ends by Gabrielle Tozer
- Paper Cranes Don’t Fly by Peter Vu
- Ballad for a Mad Girl by Vikki Wakefield
Silver Inky Award - International titles
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- Still Life with Tornado by A.S. King
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- Release by Patrick Ness
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
But they need you to make this year’s Inky Awards the biggest one ever!
But how can you get involved?
Wanted: 2018 Inky Awards Judges
Applications are now open for the 2018 Inky Awards judging panel. Judges should be between 12 and 18 years old, live in Australia, and – above all – love books and reading!
If you are a bookish teen or have a bookish teen in your life, please encourage them to apply! Applications close at 9am AEST on Monday 26 March.
Wanted: 2018 Shadow Judges
Applications are also open for the inaugural Inky Awards Shadow Judges. These teens will be sent five of the longlist titles to read, react and/or review for the new Inside a Dog website (to be launched very soon.) Applications close at 9am AEST on Monday 26 March.
You can apply for both programs.